Simply Solo Spotlight: Humor Works – Use it to Attract Women
This week’s Simply Solo Spotlight is brought to you by Tiffany Taylor, author of GuyGetsGirl. Tiffany describes GuyGetsGirl as a special guide for men that reveals all the dirty tricks women play on guys each and every day. And, most importantly, how men can turn the tables on women by using special psychological techniques to attract and seduce them effortlessly.
Guess what’s happening today? My sister is having her baby! Yippee!!
Quick shameless plug: Do you have a story to tell? Advice to offer? Did you just have literally the worst date of your life and you must write about it? I’d love to have you as the next Simply Solo Spotlight! Find out how you can be the next writer for Simply Solo here!
Humor Works – Use it to Attract Women
If you think that humor is overrated, then you are missing out on a very important tool that you can use to get a woman’s attention. When used properly in the right setting, wit and humor can attract a woman. Toilet humor and sleazy quips are big no-no’s. Chauvinistic and racist jokes do not only turn off intelligent women; they also make you look immature, stupid and unkind. So are jokes that poke fun at other people. Those jokes are in bad taste and show that you have a nasty streak. You may make the woman smile or laugh, but you do not really know what goes on in her mind when you laughingly insult her coworker, for instance.
Get a woman to notice you. Here are some wholesome ideas to add to your repertoire of wit and charm to attract that special woman who has caught your eye.
- Gauge her temperament first. Do not crack offhand jokes if you sense that she may not be in the mood for it. If she looks relaxed and may react accordingly to a funny story or situation, then go for it.
- Be genuine. Trying hard to be funny is awkward. A woman can sense that. Stick only to what feels natural and comfortable to you.
- Talk about funny childhood stories. Nostalgic and funny stories that happened to you as a child or to your childhood friends convey playfulness and tenderness. There’s something endearing about a guy who has a sense of attachment to his old friends and his family and remembers his childhood fondly.
- Self-deprecate a little. Poke fun at yourself. Men who possess a healthy self-esteem have no trouble making jokes at their expense. That impresses most women. Just make sure that your joke isn’t sleazy.
- Do not get stumped when you tell a joke that has failed to make her laugh. The ability to laugh at and acknowledge that a joke has failed to elicit laughter is an awe-inducing quality; it shows that you are confident and that you do not try very hard to look confident. If you fail to make her laugh, then turn that into a funny moment by quipping a punch line like, “That wasn’t meant to be a joke, by the way.”
What tips do you have for guys in the humor department?
Copyright 2012. Simply Solo blog by Catherine Gryp. All Rights Reserved.